Here’s a quick pasta dish that is perfect as a first course. I tend to like this in small servings because the flavors are quite strong and it is a little rich. That being said, I have killed a big bowl of this on more than one occasion! This is definitely a dish for the olive lover, and homemade Tapenade is best. Try using a mix of olives if you can find them. The recipe produces two appetizer servings, or one big bowl.
- 5⅓ oz/150g linguine, one third of a typical 1lb/450g box.
- Kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Black Olive Tapenade
- A generous handful of baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2-4 tablespoons pasta cooking water, reserved from the end of cooking the noodles
- Boil the pasta in salted water (1 tablespoon kosher salt per 2 quarts/liters water) according to package directions, until just cooked.
- Drain is well, reserving some of the pasta cooking water to finish off the sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine the linguine with the tapenade, baby spinach and vegan butter. Toss to combine and melt the butter. At this point, the sauce will seem really dry. Add a tablespoon of pasta cooking water to the bowl and give it a quick toss. Keep adding more water until you reach a creamy consistency, but not wet or soggy.