Farm Animal Sanctuary Workers Pie (or something like that!)
So, the Zombie Apocalypse is upon us. What’s a poor vegan to do? We went to one local grocery store (in the tiny town of Minden, Ontario) and searched the shelves for an energy-restoring meal that would keep us going. We treated it like an emergency and gave ourselves just 5 minutes to collect what we needed to make dinner, one pot, one dish. Here’s the result.
Join our email list and get a free copy of our newest eCookbook, “Quick and Easy Weekday Meals”
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 1 can peas and carrots, drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 package vegan gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Apple Mustard (seriously, we found this)
- ½ box instant mashed potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Make sure all of the canned vegetables are drained really well or else the gravy will thin out too much and the result will be a soup.
- Prepare the gravy according to the directions on the package
- Add the lentils, peas and carrots, and corn. Heat fully.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Wipe out the pan and then prepare the instant mashed potatoes to the package instructions
- Stir the prepared horseradish into the instant mashed potatoes. Spoon the mashed potatoes on top of the lentil mix.
- Eat up!