Rich Hot Chocolate with Coffee
There’s definitely a chill in the air here in central Ontario. We saw our first few minutes of snow a couple days ago, so we know winter will be here soon enough. That always puts me in a hot chocolate kind of mood. Not just any old hot chocolate though, freshly made with high quality dark chocolate. We wanted a bit of a pick-me-up too, so we added a layer of strong coffee. Top it all off with some coconut whip and some toasted mini Dandy’s.
Join our email list and get a free copy of our newest eCookbook, “Quick and Easy Weekday Meals”
- 1 cup non-dairy milk, I used unsweetened Soy Milk
- 60g/2oz bittersweet chocolate (70% or higher)
- Sugar to taste, between nothing and 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup strong coffee
- Coconut Whip
- Toasted mini marshmallows
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Heat the non-dairy milk and chocolate together. Whisk frequently as it comes to a gentle boil.
- Give it a quick taste and add sugar as needed.
- Continue whisking pretty well constantly while is simmers, for about 1 minute.
- It will foam up considerably.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Pour the hot chocolate in to two medium cups
- Top each with half of the coffee
- Spoon on some coconut whip
- Top with mini marshmallows and chocolate shavings